- Purity 5.0.4 or later
- FlashArray 400 Series, FlashArray//M, FlashArray//X
- vCenter 6.5 or later
- ESXi 6.5 or later
- Configure NTP for VMware environment and FlashArray
VMware Compatibility Guide Link: https://www.vmware.com/resources/com...&sortOrder=Asc
- Introducing vSphere Virtual Volumes on the FlashArraEdit linky
- Oracle and FlashArray Virtual Volumes
- VVols: A Whole New World for SQL Server Virtualization
- What is a VVol Datastore?
- Moving from an RDM to a VVol
- Comparing VVols to VMDKs and RDMs
- VVol Data Mobility: Data from Virtual to Physical
- Do thin VVols perform better than thin VMDKs?
- What is a Config VVol Anyways?
- VVol Bindings Explained
- Recovering a Deleted Virtual Machine with VVols
- Queue Depth Limits and VVol Protocol Endpoints
- Required vCenter Permissions for Registering a VASA Provider
- Workflow Package Download: https://marketplace.vmware.com/vsx/solutions/flasharray-vvol-workflow-package-for-vro-1-0
- Blog post on using the workflow package
- Getting Started with vRealize Orchestrator and VVols
YouTube Lightboard Videos:
VVols is an integration and management framework for external storage introduced with vSphere 6.5. VVols in Purity 5.x delivers many benefits for virtualized environments. Effortlessly streamline storage operations such as Pure's efficient snapshots and replication through Storage Policy Based Management at per-VM level granularity; automate compliance checking of assigned data services; rapid deleted volume recovery; and flexibility to move VMs and their data as needed.