Quick Reference: VMware KB's
Below this section is a deep dive look into the configuration that has some links within context. This is a quick list of VMware KB's that are either referenced below, or useful in configuration. For context, please read on!
- Using Tech Support Mode in ESXi 4.1 and ESXi 5.x (1017910)
- Changing the default pathing policy for new/existing LUNs (1017760)
- Changing the queue depth for QLogic, Emulex and Brocade HBAs (1267)
- Setting the Maximum Outstanding Disk Requests for virtual machines (1268)
- Configuring disks to use VMware Paravirtual SCSI (PVSCSI) adapters (1010398)
- ESX/ESXi hosts might experience read or write performance issues with certain storage arrays (100259...
- Incorrect NIC failback occurs when an unused uplink is present for management network or iSCSI confi...
- Poor TCP performance might occur in Linux virtual machines with LRO enabled (1027511)
- Configuring Flow Control on VMware ESXi and VMware ESX (1013413)
- Adjusting Round Robin IOPS limit from default 1000 to 1 (2069356)
- Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) support on ESXi/ESX (1004617)
ESXi 5.5 Specific
ESXi 5.0.x - 5.1.x Specific