Ops Manager Configuration: S3 Snapshot Store On FlashBlade™ Object Store
Ops Manager is a MongoDB infrastructure management software which provides database backup capabilities for replica sets and sharded clusters. As a part of the MongoDB Enterprise backup, Ops Manager can store MongoDB snapshots on three different types of storage (snapshot stores):
- File System Storage
- MongoDB BlockStore
- AWS S3 Bucket
Besides AWS S3 bucket, Ops Manager also supports S3-compatible endpoints such as FlashBlade object store.
Detailed backup process flow is described in MongoDB documentation - see https://docs.opsmanager.mongodb.com/current/core/backup-overview/#backup-process-flows
Ops Manager Configuration
In order to configure FlashBlade as an Ops Manager S3 blockstore, navigate to "Admin" section. See Figure 1.
In "Global Admin" window select Backup ➤ Snapshot Storage ➤ Create New S3 Blockstore
The process of configuring Ops Manager to use FlashBlade Object Store requires the following information:
- S3 Bucket Name - bucket name on FlashBlade
- S3 Endpoint - URL for FlashBlade data VIP in the following format http://w.x.y.z
- AWS Access Key - FlashBlade Access Key ID for an object store account
- AWS Secret Key - FlashBlade Secret Access Key for an object store account
- <hostname>:<port> - Hostname and port for standalone MongoDB S3 blockstore metadata database; for replica set, enter comma-separated list of replica set members
- MongoDB username and password - configuration dependent
- Check S3 compatible storage support acknowledgment
- Verify "Assignment Enabled" box is selected
See Figure 2.
Once all the required fields are populated click Save. OpsManager will validate the endpoint connectivity and save the configuration.