This article applies to all versions of the FlashArray PowerShell SDK.
The Pure Storage Flasharray PowerShell SDK can be installed from the Pure Storage Connect GitHub repository using the standalone installation package. SDK Version 1 and Version 2 have their own repositories within PureStorage-Connect. The downloadable installation package is provided for those companies that may have firewall or security restrictions that cannot access the PowerShell Gallery.
The steps below should be followed to use the MSI package as your installation method.
- Download the SDK package of your choice. These have been digitally signed by Pure Storage.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the downloaded MSI file to start the process. Upon starting the installation, the User Account Control may prompt asking for permission to install. The MSI package is digitally signed by Pure Storage, Inc.
- Once the downloaded MSI has started, the Welcome step similar to the one shown below will be shown first. Click Next.
- Read and accept the end-user license agreement and then click Next.
- The default Destination Folder is provided and allows you to change the installation location if desired. Click Next to continue.
- Now the Pure Storage PowerShell SDK is ready to install, click Install to continue.
- Once installation is completed, the final step is shown and provides the ability to view the Release Notes. Click Finish to complete the setup.
- If the default destination folder was used the PureStoragePowerShellSDK can be found under C:\Program Files\Pure Storage\PowerShell\Module\PureStoragePowerShellSDK (for version 1), or C:\Program Files\Pure Storage\PowerShell\Module\PureStoragePowerShellSDK2 (for version 2), as shown below.
Verifying the Installation
To check the installation from Windows PowerShell, start a new PowerShell session and use the
Get-Module -ListAvailable to see all the available modules. Optionally the
-Name *PureStorage* filter can be used to retrieve just the Pure Storage modules.
PS C:\> Get-Module -ListAvailable -Name *PureStorage* Directory: C:\Program Files\Pure Storage\PowerShell\Modules ModuleType Version PreRelease Name PSEdition ExportedCommands ---------- ------- ---------- ---- --------- ---------------- Binary 126.96.36.199 PureStoragePowerShellSDK Desk Binary 2.2.272.0 PureStoragePowerShellSDK2 Desk
The graphic above highlights the ability to have both the SDK version 1 and version 2 installed on the same computer, which can then be loaded in the same PowerShell version 5.1 session. As an alternative, you can have a PowerShell 5.1 session with the SDK version 1 module loaded and a PowerShell 7.x session with the SDK version 2 module loaded.
Once the installation has been completed, it can be viewed from the Control Panel under Programs and Features. In the upper right hand corner, enter Pure Storage to filter the programs. The Pure Storage PowerShell SDK is shown with the product versions, help link, size and comments.
Uninstalling the SDK
Be sure to use the Uninstall option of the Programs and Features to remove the PowerShell SDK. Do not delete the folder directly.