- Systems Center Operations Manager versions 2012R2, 2016, or 2019.
- FlashArray Purity version 4.7.0 or later.
Click on the Release version number to go to the download repository.
Manuals, Notes, and Links
An critical issue has been identified in the prior release v22.214.171.124. Please update to this version as soon as possible.
- Added a configuration parameter to disable logging to the array. This decreases the amount of log entries related to the Management Pack operations.
- Utility PowerShell module added to package and released as Open Source in this Github Repository
- Allow bulk overrides of SCOM overridable configuration parameters.
- Allow for the bulk changing of thresholds in Rules, Monitors, and Discoveries.
- Fixed issue with SDK request timings for slow queries and responses. (PurePowerShellSDK v126.96.36.199)
- Fixed resource leak problems that were triggered by running some rules, monitors and/or discovery tasks.
- Corrected the Pure Storage SCOM support link visible in the alerts.
- Corrected measurement unit issues in Bandwidth and IOPS monitor and rule.
- Updated the default threshold value of the Bandwidth and IOPS monitors.
- Fixed some incorrect alert messages.
- Added alert messages for the Alert Rule Monitor and the Port Health Monitor.
- Fixed issue with Discovery regex pattern that would not allow more than one array to be added to the MP (from v188.8.131.52)
||This release has been removed due to the discovery of a critical issue and is no longer supported.
Please note: The following are corrections to the User Guide:
- Under the section titled "Arrays by Latency"
- "Read: Read latency, in milliseconds" should be "Read: Read latency, in microseconds".
- "Write: Write latency, in milliseconds" should be "Write: Write latency, in microseconds".
- Version 1.1 adds some fixes and two important features, Port Monitoring and an easy Rule Override. Ports which include both Fibre Channel and Ethernet Ports are now monitored and will cause; an alert, a SCOM event, and flag a warning in the Ports FlashArray Object, if administratively disabled or if there is a break in the connection.
Installation and Uninstall
- To install the Management Pack, download and run the installation MSI, and follow the instructions.
- The software can be uninstalled from the “Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel.
Rule Override and Port Monitoring Example
This applies to version 184.108.40.206 and later of the Management Pack.
Overriding rules can be as simple as, preventing alerts on a known port that an administrator disabled, to customizing a rule timeout such as bandwidth thresholds. For more information on how to create overrides in SCOM, please refer to these articles from Microsoft - Article 1 Article 2
In this example, CT0.ETH7 is disabled at the Ethernet Switch and enabling
IgnoreDisabledPorts will prevent an alert on this port. If this override was applied globally, all ports that are disabled would not alert.
Selecting a property to set an override value.