KB: SCOM Management Pack Firewall Port Requirements
Required Firewall Ports
If the SCOM Management Servers have either of the following issues, please ensure the correct firewall ports are open as indicated below:
- The SCOM Management Servers have Operations Manager event log entries that indicate they cannot connect or have loss of connectivity to the FlashArray.
- The SCOM Management Servers cannot connect via a browser to the FlashArray.
Pure Storage FlashArray SCOM Management Pack - All versions
- The proper firewall ports are not open between the SCOM Management Servers and the monitored FlashArrays. The required bidirectional ports are:
- tcp 22 (SSH) - This port is used to execute CLI commands on the FlashArray related to Alerts.
- tcp 443 (HTTPS) - This port is used for all PowerShell cmdlets.
- Open the required firewall ports of tcp 22 and tcp 443.
- Note: If SCOM Management Groups are used in the SCOM environment, the bidirectional ports must be opened between all SCOM Management Servers that are in the SCOM Management Group.
- This KB article contains a link to a script that can provide more diagnostic information including detecting whether the ports are open or closed.