- Updated the following PowerShell SDK articles to reflect latest 184.108.40.206 release.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016 Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot
When an initiator makes a connection to the Pure Storage array, the FlashArray will advertise preferred parameters for that communication. Unfortunately UEFI Windows boot from SAN is a little different in that it ignores what the FlashArray requests and tries to do especially large reads anyway. The FlashArray is unable to allocate an appropriately-sized buffer and the attempt fails.
Pure Storage is currently working to develop a way to allow situations like this to still work properly. Ideas are being brainstormed and tested and we hope to have a resolution to the issue in a future version of Purity. In the meantime UEFI Windows boot from SAN will not be reliable and legacy boot from SAN or another such implementation may be needed.
- Separated Windows Server 2008/2008R2 and Windows Server 2012/2012R2/2016 multipath configuration steps.
- See updated article on Fibre Channel Connectivity for QLogic and Emulex HBA Settings.
- New article on Volume Shadow Copy Management
- New SQL Server content added:
- New KB, Hotfix & Cumulative Update Policy --- Pure Storage is no longer tracking individual KBs, Hotfixes or Cumulative Updates for the individual Windows Server versions we support. See the details in the new Windows Server Updates section.